Saturday 22 February 2014

Bearing all ...


       



Hello there crafty folk, 
What is this you may ask ... actually completing two blogs consecutively? Well it has been half-term this week so I have had a wee bit more time on my hands than usual.  This week I have got out my trusty sewing machine and I have made another bear for a friend who recently had a baby (I'm a bit late as it was over a month ago but I'm sure she won't mind as she is fellow teacher too!).  

Meet Blue Bear for baby Ely.  I used one of Mandy Shaw's super patterns from her Quilt Yourself Gorgeous book.  Her instructions are a bit quirky (as she puts it herself) but once you get your head around it they are simple to follow.

I use a blue fleece and various shades of blue felt that I had in my sewing stash.  I embroidered the eyes rather than her suggested buttons as I thought they would be safer for a baby and I am a bit of button phob (I know ridiculous but true!).



On the last one I made, I embroidered the leg with baby's name but on blue bear, I embroidered a tag (I always was a huge fan of Paddington Bear), which I attached to a blue ribbon.  I've sewn it in place so it is nice and secure.  Well that's all for today.  I do hope you like my bears,Happy Crafting! x

He's a jolly bear even if his ears are a bit big!
 
Below are some pictures of Pink Bear that I made for a little girl last summer.




Is it a mouse or a bear ... I really need to sort out those ears!

1 comment: