Tuesday 30 September 2014

Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog 19 - Nature

Hello,
A mega quick post today as I am really cutting it fine to get this entry in.  I have been up to my eyeballs with marking for the last three weeks that I haven't had time to do much crafting.  Anyway I have forced myself to have a couple of days off to do something creative (or I'll go crazy).  

Anyway this month's post was inspired with a walk down by the river in Evesham and my nine year old started collecting the most beautiful leaves.

Photo

So I decided to made a plaque using Claritystamp Autumn Maple leaves.  I used the gelli plate to make a background onto an MDF plaque.

PhotoPhoto

I used a couple of Clarity stencils and some metallic acrylic paints in golds, copper and titanium buff. I then stamped the sentiment in the middle of the stenciled leaf.  Wish I hadn't done it on a wonk, but hey ho, as Barbara Gray says, get over it and get on with it!

PhotoPhoto

I used some of the paper that I cleaned my brayer on stamped onto that.  On some I used versamark and embossed with gold and white embossing powder.  On others I used a variety of autumnal colours and sprinkled a bit on gold embossing powder.  Finally I also stamped some plain leaves.  I cut them all out ... whew that was a bit of a job since I was so short on time!






I stuck the leaves round in piles and added a bow at the bottom and put some more ribbon to hang it with.  The photography is not brilliant.  My phone is running out of charge and so the flash isn't working (sigh..)

Anyway hope you like it. Not bad for a couple of hours work I guess.
Thanks for stopping by.

Ela xx

No comments:

Post a Comment